Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.40
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.83
- AU $94.90Trending at AU $96.53
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.28
- AU $30.74Trending at AU $37.18
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $32.95
- AU $69.55Trending at AU $86.07
About this product
- DescriptionPrinciples and Practices of Naturopathic Medicine is written specifically for the student of naturopathic medicine, whether the 'student' is enrolled in a formal course of study or simply has a keen interest in health sciences. Designed to comply with the curriculum standards established by the Council of Naturopathic Education (CNME), this book will enable students of naturopathic medicine to complete the formative part of their basic training in a shorter period of time, allowing them to enter their clinical training with increased confidence, while encouraging them in their efforts at self-study and, ultimately, life-long learning. Practicing physicians, nurses, and other healthcare professionals will also find this book a useful reference. Because the book covers the basic therapies involved in this healing profession and follows a systems and disease oriented approach to medicine, it will be useful as a clinical companion. An ideal introduction to this rapdly growing practice of medicine for all healthcare professionals, in the classroom and in the clinic. Fully referenced, based on current research and pedagogy, illustrated and indexed, with clinical case studies and review questions.
- Author BiographyDr Fraser Smith is an assistant professor and the assistant dean of naturopathic medicine at National University of Health Sciences in Lombard, Illinois. He teaches an introductory course in naturopathic medicine, as well as naturopathic clinical theory, clinical nutrition, botanical medicine, pharmacology, and homeopathy. A graduate of the Canadian College of Naturopathic Medicine, Dr Smith has emerged as a leading educator in his profession, contributing a chapter to the landmark Foundations of Naturopathic Medicine project, sponsored by Elsevier Health Sciences and coordinated by Dr Pamela Snider at the National College of Natural Medicine.
- Author(s)Fraser Smith
- PublisherCanadian College of Naturopathic Medicine Press
- Date of Publication01/05/2007
- SubjectAlternative Therapies & Health
- Place of PublicationToronto
- Country of PublicationCanada
- ImprintCanadian College of Naturopathic Medicine Press
- Content Noteillus
- Weight988 g
- Width260 mm
- Height210 mm
- Spine25 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.