All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $13.93
- AU $15.52Trending at AU $23.29
- AU $30.82Trending at AU $34.85
- AU $14.50Trending at AU $15.71
- AU $32.75Trending at AU $55.26
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $99.52
- AU $29.99Trending at AU $32.01
About this product
- DescriptionNow in its second edition, An Introduction to Psychology for Health Carers provides an accessible grounding for all nursing and health care students who have little previous experience of studying psychology, but who within their first year courses need to quickly understand how psychological research and theory is invaluable in interpreting, explaining and actively influencing clinical practice. As a discipline, Psychology makes an important contribution to health care practitioners' understanding of health and health promotion, treatment, stress, pain, emotion, bereavement and loss. This engaging text introduces basic psychological concepts and techniques and applies them directly to nursing, encouraging all health care students to make the most of their experiences in the practice environment, to learn from these, and to become a reflective, psychologically-informed practitioner.
- Author BiographyJulia Russell is a lecturer in the Division of Psychology at Glyndwr University and the Head of Psychology at the Queen's School in Cheshire. Craig Roberts is a freelance lecturer and writer in health care and social sciences.
- Author(s)Craig Roberts,Julia Russell
- PublisherCengage Learning EMEA
- Date of Publication16/04/2014
- SubjectPsychology: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCengage Learning EMEA
- Weight470 g
- Width190 mm
- Height246 mm
- Spine11 mm
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.