Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.57
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $72.97
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.24
- AU $46.35Trending at AU $48.13
- AU $81.00Trending at AU $84.05
- AU $20.00Trending at AU $28.33
About this product
- DescriptionThis two volume textbook provides a comprehensive introduction to the issues, theories and methods of psychology, including both classic approaches and recent research. The areas covered range from the intellectual, social and emotional development of the child to the ways in which adults perceive, attend, remember and communicate; from Freud's psychoanalytic framework to the work of present-day clinical psychologists; from debates about the scientific status of psychology to the special problems which the study of people poses for psychologists. Each chapter presents important issues in depth, highlighting controversies while showing that they rarely have neat solutions. Throughout, emphasis is given to the contrasting levels of analysis which contribute to the understanding of psychological functioning, from fundamental biological processes to complex social interactions. While prepared as core material for the Open University course Introduction to Psychology, these volumes are particularly appropriate for use in any undergraduate psychology course and will also suit other readers interested in the subject. The text incorporates the best of the Open University's tried and tested teaching methods, tailored to the needs of students working with a fair degree of independence. Particular importance is placed on encouraging the reader's active participation, making the books enjoyable and stimulating as well as informative.
- Author(s)Ilona Roth
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication25/12/1990
- SubjectPsychology: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationHove
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPsychology Press Ltd
- Content Note200 figures
- Weight1088 g
- Width189 mm
- Height246 mm
- Spine26 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.