Introduction to SQL: Mastering the Relational Database Language by Rick F. van der Lans (Mixed media product, 2006)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $108.92+ AU $10.00 postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by roxy*books
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $107.93+ AU $4.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $79.02
- AU $69.30Trending at AU $126.46
- AU $6.90Trending at AU $9.95
- AU $16.68Trending at AU $22.22
- AU $36.48Trending at AU $41.31
- AU $40.00Trending at AU $40.55
- AU $36.19Trending at AU $38.17
About this product
- DescriptionThe Classic SQL Tutorial: Fully Updated for Today's Standards and Today's Top Databases For twenty years, van der Lans' Introduction to SQL has been the definitive SQL tutorial for database professionals everywhere, regardless of experience or platform. Now van der Lans has systematically updated this classic guide to reflect the latest SQL standards and the newest versions of today's leading RDBMSs: Oracle, Microsoft SQL Server, DB2, and MySQL. Using case study examples and hands-on exercises, van der Lans illuminates every key SQL concept, technique, and statement. Drawing on decades of experience as an SQL standards team member and enterprise consultant, he reveals exactly why SQL works as it does-and how to get the most out of it. You'll gain powerful insight into everything from basic queries to stored procedures, transactions to data security. Whether you're a programmer or DBA, a student or veteran, this book will take you from apprentice to true SQL master. * Writing queries and updating data: all you need to kw about SELECT* Working with joins, functions, and subqueries* Creating database objects: tables, indexes, views, and more* Specifying keys and other integrity constraints* Using indexes to improve efficiency* Enforcing security via passwords and privileges* Building stored procedures and triggers* Developing with embedded SQL and ODBC* Working with transactions, including rollbacks, savepoints, isolation levels, and more* Optimizing performance by reformulating SQL statements* Using object-relational features: subtables, references, sets, and user-defined data types* Reference section: SQL statement definitions and SQL function lists
- Author BiographyRick F. van der Lans is an independent consultant, author, and lecturer specializing in database technology, SQL, and data warehousing. He is managing director of R20/Consultancy. He has been a member of the Dutch ISO committee responsible for developing the SQL standard. For the past 20 years, he has taught SQL classes to thousands of attendees. His popular books, including Introduction to SQL and The SQL Guide to Oracle, have been translated into various languages and have sold more than 100,000 copies. Rick is an internationally acclaimed lecturer. Throughout has career, he has lectured in many European countries, South America, USA, and Australia. You can contact Rick via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Author(s)Rick F. van der Lans
- PublisherPearson Education (US)
- Date of Publication26/09/2006
- FormatMixed media product
- SubjectComputing: Professional & Programming
- Place of PublicationNew Jersey
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintAddison-Wesley Educational Publishers Inc
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight1484 g
- Width179 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine1 mm
- Contained items statementContains Paperback and CD-ROM
- Edition Statement4th Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.