CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $34.30Trending at AU $35.14
- AU $14.50Trending at AU $17.20
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $14.01
- AU $21.17Trending at AU $25.58
- AU $72.88Trending at AU $77.86
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $100.05
- AU $30.28Trending at AU $34.60
About this product
- DescriptionThe bestselling introductory Social Work book on the market, Zastrow's INTRODUCTION TO SOCIAL WORK AND SOCIAL WELFARE: EMPOWERING PEOPLE, International Edition, is also lauded for being the most comprehensive. In addition to giving readers a thorough overview of the social work profession, this text offers a realistic view of social problems in contemporary society, equipping students with real-world insight that they can apply in practice. By presenting positive strategies in the context of the core values, ethics, skills, and kwledge base of today's professional social worker, Zastrow encourages readers to think critically about new, workable methods for problem-solving and empowering clients. Contemporary social problems case studies, exhibits, and tables help users apply concepts and compare and contrast issues. The Eleventh Edition has been thoroughly updated to include the latest NASW Standards, as well as new and emerging issues from the field. Packed with cutting-edge coverage and comprehensive CSWE core content, INTRODUCTION TO SOCIAL WORK AND SOCIAL WELFARE: EMPOWERING PEOPLE, 11th Edition, continues to inspire readers while giving them insight into real-world practice.
- Author BiographyCharles Zastrow, MSW, Ph.D., is Professor Emeritus in Social Work at the University of Wisconsin-Whitewater, where he chaired the Social Work Department for six years. He has also been the Assistant Director and Professor in the Social Work Program at George Williams College in Williams Bay, Wisconsin. A Licensed Clinical Social Worker in the state of Wisconsin, Dr. Zastrow has worked as a practitioner for various agencies, chaired social work accreditation site visit teams for the Council on Social Work Education (CSWE), and served on the Commission on Accreditation of CSWE. He also was a member of the BPD board. A leader in social work education and a bestselling author, Dr. Zastrow has written more than 45 articles in professional journals as well as nine books, including four other textbooks: THE PRACTICE OF SOCIAL WORK, SOCIAL WORK WITH GROUPS, SOCIAL PROBLEMS: ISSUES AND SOLUTIONS, and UNDERSTANDING HUMAN BEHAVIOR AND THE SOCIAL ENVIRONMENT (with Dr. Karen Kirst-Ashman).
- Author(s)Charles Zastrow
- PublisherCengage Learning, Inc
- Date of Publication15/03/2013
- SubjectSocial Sciences: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationCA
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteillustrations (black and white, and colour)
- Weight1010 g
- Width204 mm
- Height255 mm
- Spine21 mm
- Edition StatementInternational ed of 11th Revised ed
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.