All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $46.25Trending at AU $49.54
- AU $3.75Trending at AU $7.40
- AU $27.04Trending at AU $31.95
- AU $70.89Trending at AU $79.84
- AU $20.50Trending at AU $24.15
- AU $22.60Trending at AU $23.10
- AU $17.07Trending at AU $23.45
About this product
- DescriptionProvides the tools needed to explore the incredible complexities of the earth's soils Now in its Second Edition, this highly acclaimed text fully equips readers with the skills and kwledge needed to analyze soil and correctly interpret the results. Due to the highly complex nature of soil, the author carefully explains why unusual results are routinely obtained during soil analyses, including the occurrence of methane in soil under oxidative conditions. The text also assists readers in developing their own analytical techniques in order to analyze particular samples or test for particular compounds or properties. The Second Edition of Introduction to Soil Chemistry features four new chapters. Moreover, the entire text has been thoroughly updated and revised. It begins with a review of the history of soil chemistry, introducing fundamental concepts that apply to all soils. Next, the text explores: * Basic soil characteristics, horizonation, texture, clay, air, water, solids, organic matter, organisms, and fundamental chemical concepts essential to soil chemistry * Tested and proven sampling techniques for soil analysis that provide reliable analytical results * Basic soil measurement techniques and extraction procedures * Instrumentation to isolate and identify soil chemicals, including plant nutrients and contaminants Detailed examples and figures throughout the text help readers successfully perform soil sampling and analytical methods as well as better understand soil's chemical characteristics. At the end of each chapter, a bibliography and list of references lead to additional resources to explore individual topics in greater depth. Each chapter also offers problem sets, encouraging readers to put their newfound skills into practice. Reflecting the latest research findings and best practices, the Second Edition of Introduction to Soil Chemistry is ideal for both students and soil chemists who want to explore the incredible complexities of the earth's soils.
- Author BiographyALFRED R. CONKLIN JR., PhD, is Professor of Agriculture and Soil at Wilmington College, where he teaches soil science, organic chemistry, and chemistry and the environment. He is also the International Director of the International Undergraduate Research Symposium. The recipient of three Fulbright Awards, Dr. Conklin has more than four decades of experience extracting and analyzing soil samples from Africa, Asia, and North and South America.
- Author(s)Alfred R. Conklin
- PublisherJohn Wiley & Sons Inc
- Date of Publication25/03/2014
- SubjectEarth Sciences
- Series TitleChemical Analysis: A Series of Monographs on Analytical Chemistry and its Applications
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintJohn Wiley & Sons Inc
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight644 g
- Width155 mm
- Height242 mm
- Spine24 mm
- Series Edited byMark F. Vitha
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.