Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $30.86Trending at AU $31.45
- AU $74.23Trending at AU $76.09
- AU $35.53Trending at AU $38.80
- AU $31.84Trending at AU $37.29
- AU $10.39Trending at AU $15.38
- AU $37.61Trending at AU $38.56
- AU $26.33Trending at AU $51.27
About this product
- DescriptionKwledge of the rermalization group and field theory is a key part of physics, and is essential in condensed matter and particle physics. Written for advanced undergraduate and beginning graduate students, this textbook provides a concise introduction to this subject. The textbook deals directly with the loop expansion of the free energy, also kwn as the background field method. This is a powerful method, especially when dealing with symmetries, and statistical mechanics. In focussing on free energy, the author avoids long developments on field theory techniques. The necessity of rermalization then follows.
- Author BiographyEdouard Brezin is Honorary Professor of Physics at the Ecole Polytechnique, and Emeritus Professor at the Ecole Normale Superieure (Paris). A former President of the French Academy of Sciences, he is also a Foreign Member of the National Academy of Sciences (USA), the American Academy of Arts and Sciences, the Royal Society, and Academia Europaea.
- Author(s)Edouard Brezin
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication22/07/2010
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Content Note28 b/w illus.
- Weight500 g
- Width174 mm
- Height247 mm
- Spine13 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.