All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.88
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.86
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.37
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $75.12
- AU $31.50Trending at AU $37.08
- AU $24.09Trending at AU $28.32
- AU $9.83Trending at AU $13.35
About this product
- DescriptionThis text provides an introduction to structural dynamics and aeroelasticity, with an emphasis on conventional aircraft. The primary areas considered are structural dynamics, static aeroelasticity and dynamic aeroelasticity. The structural dynamics material emphasizes vibration, the modal representation and dynamic response. Aeroelastic phemena discussed include divergence, aileron reversal, airload redistribution, unsteady aerodynamics, flutter and elastic tailoring. More than one hundred illustrations and tables help clarify the text and more than fifty problems enhance student learning. This text meets the need for an up-to-date treatment of structural dynamics and aeroelasticity for advanced undergraduate or beginning graduate aerospace engineering students.
- Author BiographyDewey H. Hodges is a professor in the School of Aerospace Engineering at the Georgia Institute of Technology. He is the author of more than 170 refereed journal papers and three books, Nonlinear Composite Beam Theory (2006), Fundamentals of Structural Stability, with G. J. Simitses (2005) and Introduction to Structural Dynamics and Aeroelasticity, with G. Alvin Pierce (2002). His research spans the fields of aeroelasticity, dynamics, computational structural mechanics and structural dynamics, perturbation methods, computational optimal control and numerical analysis. The late G. Alvin Pierce was Professor Emeritus in the School of Aerospace Engineering at the Georgia Institute of Technology. He was the co-author of Introduction to Structural Dynamics and Aeroelasticity, with Dewey H. Hodges (2002).
- Author(s)Dewey H. Hodges,G. Alvin Pierce
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication01/08/2011
- SubjectTransport Technology
- Series TitleCambridge Aerospace Series
- Series Part/Volume Number15
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Content Note121 b/w illus. 19 tables 73 exercises
- Weight730 g
- Width215 mm
- Height253 mm
- Spine16 mm
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.