Introduction to Sustainable Civil Engineering Design by Edward S. Neumann (Paperback, 2014)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $178.95+ AU $50.00 postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $168.94+ AU $4.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $28.70Trending at AU $30.82
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $78.83
- AU $44.50Trending at AU $52.90
- AU $26.88Trending at AU $29.35
- AU $44.27Trending at AU $52.87
- AU $36.48Trending at AU $41.21
- AU $36.16Trending at AU $37.52
About this product
- DescriptionAn introductory course in civil engineering Sustainable Civil Engineering Design: A Project-Based Approach Introduction to Sustainable Infrastructure Engineering Design: A Project-Based Approach is designed to accompany a one-semester introductory course to civil engineering. The text introduces students to the field of civil engineering and sustainability through team projects which require them to identify design problems, define design objectives, generate and evaluate alternatives, and make recommendations for follow-up studies and designs. The projects outlined in this text will help students learn to think critically in order to solve design problems, develop an understanding of public policy as it relates to design and civil engineering, become familiar with current issues in civil engineering, and sharpen their written communication skills.
- Author BiographyEdward S. Neumann earned his PhD in the Urban and Regional Planning program in the Department of Civil Engineering at Northwestern University, where he received a Resources for the Future Doctoral Fellowship. He served as Director of the Harley O. Staggers National Transportation Center at West Virginia University. He also served as Chair of the Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering for ten years, and as Director of the Transportation Research Center at the University of Nevada Las Vegas (UNLV). A licensed civil engineer in Nevada, he is a recipient of the James Laurie Prize from the American Society of Civil Engineers, the Wayne T. Van Wagoner Award from the Institute of Transportation Engineers, and was named Outstanding Engineer in Government/Education by the Southern Nevada Branch of the American Society of Civil Engineers. He has taught capstone design in civil engineering and introduction to engineering courses for over 42 years. Jeffery J. Jensen earned his masters and bachelor degrees in Civil Engineering from the University of Nevada Las Vegas. Since 2000, Mr. Jensen has been teaching the following courses at UNLV: Introduction to Civil Engineering, Introduction to Surveying, CAD tools for Civil Engineering and GIS Applications for Civil Engineers. He received an Eisenhower Grants for Research Fellowship, ITE District 6 Fellowship and ESRI User Conference Student Assistantship. Mr. Jensen is a licensed secondary teacher and professional engineer (PE) in civil engineering within the State of Nevada.
- Author(s)Edward S. Neumann
- PublisherPearson Education (US)
- Date of Publication30/12/2014
- SubjectEngineering & Technology: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationUpper Saddle River
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPrentice Hall
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight522 g
- Width203 mm
- Height255 mm
- Spine10 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.