All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.30Trending at AU $73.28
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $99.54
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.78
- AU $33.32Trending at AU $36.33
- AU $36.16Trending at AU $48.86
- AU $18.16Trending at AU $21.21
- AU $25.01Trending at AU $27.39
About this product
- DescriptionTransportation is the lifeline of any nation, connecting people, supporting the ecomy, and facilitating the delivery of vital goods and services. The 9/11 attacks-and other attacks on surface transportation assets, including the bombings in Madrid, London, Moscow, and Mumbai-demonstrate the vulnerability of the open systems to disruption and the consequences of the attacks on people, property, and the ecomy. Now more than ever, it has become imperative for businesses operating in the transportation and transit sectors to develop comprehensive security programs accounting for both natural and man-made hazards and safeguarding people, places, and equipment-while at the same time ensuring operations continuity. Providing transportation managers with the kwledge, skills, and abilities to effectively manage the security of transportation assets, Introduction to Transportation Security examines: * Basic theories of security and emergency management * The integrated nature of the nation's critical infrastructure and the threats to transportation in each surface mode * Federal agencies working in emergency management and transportation security and their intelligence and response requirements and capabilities * The types of disasters that have occurred in the U.S. and selected nations, and their significant ecomic impacts * Cost-beneficial security strategies aimed at preventing catastrophic failures in each transportation mode * Effective methods for organizing, testing, and evaluating transportation security across modes and professions The book covers all transportation modes and their interconnectivity-including highway, air cargo, freight and passenger rail, transit, and maritime. It presents learning objectives and discussion questions to test assimilation of the material and case studies to facilitate a practical understanding of the concepts. Introduction to Transportation Security provides essential information for students in transportation management programs and professionals charged with safeguarding the movement of assets within our interconnected transportation network.
- Author BiographyFrances L. Edwards, MUP, Ph.D., CEM, is the director of the Master of Public Administration program and professor of political science at San Jose State University. She is deputy director of the National Transportation Security Center of the Mineta Transportation Institute at SJSU, where she is also a research associate and teaches emergency management in the Master of Science in Transportation Management program. Her current research is focused on the continuity of operations process and its relationship to emergency management in transportation organizations, climate change and transportation, and transportation security. Daniel C. Goodrich, MPA, CEM, is a research associate with the Mineta Transportation Institute; an instructor in the Master of Science in Transportation Management program, where he teaches the security for transportation managers course; and a lecturer in the San Jose State University Master of Public Administration program. His current research is focused on the continuity of operations process and its relationship to emergency management in transportation organizations and on transportation security issues, especially related to critical infrastructure protection.
- Author(s)Daniel C. Goodrich,Frances L. Edwards
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Inc
- Date of Publication26/10/2012
- SubjectBusiness, Accounting & Vocational: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationBosa Roca
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCRC Press Inc
- Content Note30 black & white illustrations, 26 black & white tables
- Weight861 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Format DetailsUnsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.