All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $46.25Trending at AU $49.65
- AU $3.73Trending at AU $7.41
- AU $27.04Trending at AU $31.41
- AU $70.89Trending at AU $78.37
- AU $19.24Trending at AU $24.20
- AU $22.60Trending at AU $23.15
- AU $17.07Trending at AU $23.50
About this product
- DescriptionIntroduction to the Mechanics of Solids: Beams and Bars introduces the theory of beams and bars, including axial, torsion, and bending loading and analyzes how bars are subjected to combined loadings, including resulting complex stress states using Mohr's circle. The book provides failure analysis based on maximum stress criteria and introduces design using models developed in the text. Throughout the book, the author emphasizes fundamentals, including consistent he mathematical tation. Professor Allen presents the fundamentals of the mechanics of solids in such a way that the beginning student is able to progress directly to a follow-up course that utilizes two- and three-dimensional finite element codes imbedded within modern software packages for structural design purposes. As such, excessive details included in the previous generation of textbooks on the subject are obviated due to their obsolescence with the availability of today's finite element software packages.
- Author BiographyDr. David Allen is Dean of the College of Engineering and Computer Science, University of Texas-Pan American and formerly, 2002-2010, Dean of the College of Engineering, University of Nebraska.
- Author(s)David H. Allen
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication08/08/2012
- SubjectEngineering & Technology: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Note23 black & white tables, biography
- Weight526 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine18 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.