All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $14.11Trending at AU $24.23
- AU $14.50Trending at AU $17.16
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $13.95
- AU $15.52Trending at AU $23.37
- AU $30.82Trending at AU $34.97
- AU $32.75Trending at AU $55.45
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $99.82
About this product
- DescriptionIntroduction to the Mystery of the Church is an ecclesiological survey presenting a doctrinal synthesis of the Church. The author's intention is to propose an overview of this mystery in connection with the entirety of the Christian mystery. The book is divided into two major parts, the first presenting the foundations in the Bible and the tradition up to our day, and the second being an explanatory proposal introducing the reader to the Church's definition and personality and concluding with an exposition of the four properties enunciated in the Creed (one, holy, catholic, and apostolic). The value of this way of proceeding is first and foremost in the proposal of a synthesis that allows one to situate each question in its rightful place, such study being oriented toward a better overall grasp of the subject. As the title suggests, the book is an introduction that should allow the reader to apprehend the mystery in its internal coherence in order subsequently, with the aid of other texts, to be able to enter more deeply into the study of one or other specific point. While this ecclesiology treatise is written from a Catholic point of view, an ecumenical perspective is often present, either through the presentation of divergent views from other Christian confessions or through the proposal for a theological convergence.
- Author BiographyFather Benoit-Dominique de La Soujeole, OP is a Dominican of the Province of Toulouse, France. Professor of dogmatic theology at the Faculty of Theology of the University of Fribourg (Switzerland), and member of the editorial board of La Revue thomiste, he has taught on the Church over the last twenty years.
- Author(s)Benoit-Dominique de la Soujeole
- PublisherThe Catholic University of America Press
- Date of Publication30/08/2014
- SubjectChristian Theology
- Series TitleThomistic Ressourcement
- Series Part/Volume Number3
- Place of PublicationWashington
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintThe Catholic University of America Press
- Out-of-print date05/05/2017
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight825 g
- Width156 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine36 mm
- Translated byMichael J. Miller
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.