All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionINTRODUCTORY APPLIED BIOSTATISTICS (WITH CD-ROM) explores statistical applications in the medical and public health fields. Examples drawn directly from the authors' clinical experiences with applied biostatistics make this text both practical and applicable. You'll master application techniques by hand before moving on to computer applications, with SAS programming code and output for each technique covered in every chapter. For each topic, the book addresses methodology, including assumptions, statistical formulas, and appropriate interpretation of results. This book is a must-have for every student preparing for a statistical career in a healthcare field!
- Author BiographyRalph D'Agostino, Sr. is Professor of Mathematics, Statistics, and Public Health at Boston University. He is a respected and widely published statistician with over 30 years of experience in running clinical trials and epidemiological research. He is a Senior Editor of Statistics in Medicine, Associate Editor of the American Journal of Epidemiology, on the editorial board of the Journal of Hypertension, and Fellow of the American Statistical Association and Epidemiologic Section of the American Heart Association. He is Co-Principal Investigator and Director of Data Management and Statistical Analysis for the Framingham Heart Study (a study collecting data on three generations that has been establishing the relation of risk factors that contribute to cardiovascular disease for over 50 years). He is also the Executive Director of Biometrics and Data Management for the Harvard Clinical Research Institute. He has been a consultant to the Food and Drug Administration since 1974, and has served on a number of drug and devices advisory committees. His interests are in biostatistical methods, robust procedures, longitudinal data analysis and multivariate data analysis. Dr. D'Agostino has received numerous awards, including the Food and Drug Administration Commissioner's Special Citation in 1981 and 1995.). He is co-author of five books in various fields of statistical methodology. Lisa Sullivan is an Associate Professor of Biostatistics at the School of Public Health, Associate Professor of Mathematics and Statistics at Boston University, and Assistant Dean for Undergraduate Education in Public Health at Boston University. She received both her M.A. and Ph.D. from Boston University. She has won numerous awards for excellence in teaching and her research interests include applied biostatistics, longitudinal data analysis, design and analysis of clinical trials, and hierarchical modeling. She spends the majority of her time in the Boston University Statistics and Consulting Unit working on the Framingham Heart Study. Her recent research has focused on developing health risk appraisal functions to quantify individuals' risks of developing cardiovascular disease. She has published dozens of articles in prestigious periodicals such as the JOURNAL OF THE AMERICAN MEDICAL ASSOCIATION, NEW ENGLAND JOURNAL OF MEDICINE, and STATISTICS IN MEDICINE. Outside of work, Lisa enjoys running and cooking. Alexa Beiser is Professor of Biostatistics in the School of Public Health at Boston University. She received her M.A. from University of California at San Diego, and her Ph.D. from Boston University. Her research interests include clinical trials methodology, statistical computing, and survival analysis. Dr. Beiser joined the Framingham Study in 1994 after spending many years collaborating on a variety of pediatric research projects. She is primarily involved in the investigation of risk factors for stroke, dementia, and Alzheimer's Disease using data collected as part of the Framingham Study. Dr. Beiser's foremost methodological interest is in estimation of lifetime risk of disease. Dr. Beiser has published articles in the NEW ENGLAND JOURNAL OF MEDICINE, the JOURNAL OF THE AMERICAN MEDICAL ASSOCIATION, STATISTICS IN MEDICINE, STROKE and NEUROLOGY. She enjoys reading, traveling and spending time with her four children.
- Author(s)Alexa Beiser,Lisa Sullivan,Ralph B. D'Agostino
- PublisherCengage Learning, Inc
- Date of Publication15/04/2005
- FormatMixed media product
- SubjectScience & Mathematics: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationCA
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight1184 g
- Width194 mm
- Height240 mm
- Spine30 mm
- Contained items statementContains Hardback and CD-ROM
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $70.84
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.70
- AU $17.60Trending at AU $22.14
- AU $69.53Trending at AU $87.71
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $32.72
- AU $34.66Trending at AU $35.87
- AU $28.96Trending at AU $38.89
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.