All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe Eighth Edition of Zumdahl and DeCoste's best-selling INTRODUCTORY CHEMISTRY: A FOUNDATION combines enhanced problem-solving structure with substantial pedagogy to enable students to become strong independent problem solvers in the introductory course and beyond. Capturing student interest through early coverage of chemical reactions, accessible explanations and visualizations, and an emphasis on everyday applications, the authors explain chemical concepts by starting with the basics, using symbols or diagrams, and conclude by encouraging students to test their own understanding of the solution. This step-by-step approach has already helped hundreds of thousands of students master chemical concepts and develop problem-solving skills. The book is kwn for its focus on conceptual learning and for the way it motivates students by connecting chemical principles to real-life experiences in chapter-opening discussions and Chemistry in Focus boxes.
- Author BiographySteve Zumdahl is the author of market-leading textbooks in introductory chemistry, general chemistry, honors-level chemistry, and high school chemistry. Recently retired from his long-time position as Director of Undergraduate Programs at the University of Illinois, he has received numerous awards for his contributions to chemical education. These include the National Catalyst Award in recognition of his contribution to chemical education, the University of Illinois Teaching Award, the UIUC Liberal Arts and Sciences Advising Award, and the School of Chemical Sciences Teaching Award (five times). He earned his B.S. in Chemistry from Wheaton College (IL), and his Ph.D. from the University of Illinois. Donald J. DeCoste is Associate Director of General Chemistry at the University of Illinois, Urbana-Champaign and has been teaching chemistry at the high school and college levels for 26 years. He earned his BS in Chemistry and PhD from the University of Illinois, Urbana-Champaign. At UIUC he has developed chemistry courses for nonscience majors, preservice secondary teachers, and preservice elementary teachers. He teaches courses in introductory chemistry and the teaching of chemistry and has received the School of Chemical Sciences Teaching Award four times. Don has led workshops for secondary teachers and graduate student teaching assistants, discussing the methods and benefits of getting students more actively involved in class. When not involved in teaching and advising, Don enjoys spending time with his wife and three children.
- Author(s)Donald J. DeCoste,Steven S. Zumdahl
- PublisherCengage Learning, Inc
- Date of Publication31/01/2014
- SubjectScience & Mathematics: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationCA
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Notecolour tables, figures
- Weight1275 g
- Width216 mm
- Height277 mm
- Spine24 mm
- Edition Statement8th Enhanced
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.93
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $73.27
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.59
- AU $79.95Trending at AU $91.47
- AU $46.37Trending at AU $48.34
- AU $81.00Trending at AU $84.40
- AU $20.00Trending at AU $28.45
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.