All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionDiscover how empirical researchers today actually consider and apply ecometric methods with the practical approach in Wooldridge's INTRODUCTORY ECONOMETRICS: A MODERN APPROACH, 6E. Unlike traditional texts, this book uniquely demonstrates how ecometrics has moved beyond a set of abstract tools to become genuinely useful for answering questions in business, policy evaluation, and forecasting. INTRODUCTORY ECONOMETRICS is organized around the type of data being analyzed with a systematic approach that only introduces assumptions as they are needed. This makes the material easier to understand and, ultimately, leads to better ecometric practices. Packed with relevant applications, the text incorporates more than 100 intriguing data sets, available in six formats. Updates introduce the latest emerging developments in the field. Gain a full understanding of the impact of ecometrics in practice today with the insights and applications found only in INTRODUCTORY ECONOMETRICS: A MODERN APPROACH, 6E.
- Author BiographyJeffrey M. Wooldridge is a University Distinguished Professor of Economics at Michigan State University, where he has taught since 1991. From 1986 to 1991, he served as Assistant Professor of Economics at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT). Dr. Wooldridge has published more than three dozen articles in internationally recognized journals, as well as several chapters in well-respected books. He is also the author of ECONOMETRIC ANALYSIS OF CROSS SECTION AND PANEL DATA. His work has earned numerous awards, including the Alfred P. Sloan Research Fellowship, the Plura Scripsit award from Econometric Theory, the Sir Richard Stone prize from the Journal of Applied Econometrics, and three graduate teacher-of-the-year awards from MIT. A fellow of the Econometric Society and of the Journal of Econometrics, Dr. Wooldridge has been editor of the Journal of Business and Economic Statistics and econometrics co-editor of Economics Letters. He has also served on the editorial boards of the Journal of Econometrics and the Review of Economics and Statistics. Dr. Wooldridge received his B.A. with majors in computer science and economics from the University of California, Berkeley, and received his Ph.D. in economics from the University of California, San Diego.
- Author(s)James Stewart,Jeffrey Wooldridge
- PublisherCengage Learning, Inc
- Date of Publication07/11/2015
- SubjectEconomics: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationMason, OH
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCENGAGE Learning Custom Publishing
- Weight1542 g
- Width210 mm
- Height260 mm
- Spine33 mm
- Edition Statement6th Revised edition
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.57
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $72.97
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.24
- AU $46.35Trending at AU $48.13
- AU $81.00Trending at AU $84.05
- AU $20.00Trending at AU $28.33
- AU $31.65Trending at AU $34.30
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.