Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.99Trending at AU $75.40
- AU $65.90Trending at AU $72.27
- AU $64.90Trending at AU $71.21
- AU $100.89Trending at AU $104.10
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.47
- AU $57.95Trending at AU $58.98
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $113.28
About this product
- DescriptionThis thoroughly revised and updated text, w in its fifth edition, continues to provide a rigourous introduction to the fundamentals of numerical methods required in scientific and techlogical applications, emphasising on teaching students numerical methods and in helping them to develop problem-solving skills. While the essential features of the previous editions such as References to MATLAB, IMSL, Numerical Recipes program libraries for implementing the numerical methods are retained, a chapter on Spline Functions has been added in this edition because of their increasing importance in applications. This text is designed for undergraduate students of all branches of engineering. NEW TO THIS EDITION : Includes additional modified illustrative examples and problems in every chapter. Provides answers to all chapter-end exercises. Illustrates algorithms, computational steps or flow charts for many numerical methods. Contains four model question papers at the end of the text.
- Author BiographyS. S. SASTRY, Ph.D. , is Formerly, Scientist/Engineer SF in the Applied Mathematics Division of Vikram Sarabhai Space Centre, Trivandrum. Earlier, he taught both undergraduate and postgraduate students of engineering at Birla Institute of Technology, Ranchi. A renowned mathematical scientist and the author of the books Engineering Mathematics, Advanced Engineering Mathematics, and several other books on Engineering Mathematics (all published by PHI Learning), Dr. Sastry has a number of research publications in numerous journals of national and international repute.
- Author(s)S. Shankar Sastry
- PublisherPrentice-Hall of India Pvt.Ltd
- Date of Publication15/07/2010
- SubjectScience & Mathematics: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Country of PublicationIndia
- ImprintPrentice-Hall of India Pvt.Ltd
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Edition Statement5th Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.