All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionKagome is an ordinary modern schoolgirl living an ordinary life. Who would have thought the dried-up old well on the site of her family's shrine would be a gateway to Japan's ancient past? Drawn through the gate against her will, Kagome finds herself battling demons for control of what she thought was a worthless trinket but is actually a powerful magical gem, the Shikon Jewel! Together with an unlikely ally, the half demon Inuyasha, Kagome begins a quest to recover the shards of the Shikon Jewel and learn more about her link to the past. The forces of good and evil battle it out inside the very bodies of Kikyo and Naraku...and ultimately the Shikon Jewel itself. Then Inuyasha's half-brother Sesshomaru is trapped in the world of the dead. Will he find the key that opens the door to the world of the living? Meanwhile, Inuyasha and the others stumble upon a strange village ruled by a demon with peculiar feeding habits...
- Author BiographyThe spotlight on Rumiko Takahashi's career began in 1978 when she won an honorable mention in Shogakukan's annual New Comic Artist Contest for Those Selfish Aliens. Later that same year, her boy-meets-alien comedy series, Urusei Yatsura, was serialized in Weekly Shonen Sunday. This phenomenally successful manga series was adapted into anime format and spawned a TV series and half a dozen theatrical-release movies, all incredibly popular in their own right. Takahashi followed up the success of her debut series with one blockbuster hit after another--Maison Ikkoku ran from 1980 to 1987, Ranma 1/2 from 1987 to 1996, and Inuyasha from 1996 to 2008. Other notable works include Mermaid Saga, Rumic Theater, and One-Pound Gospel. Takahashi won the Shogakukan Manga Award twice in her career, once for Urusei Yatsura in 1981 and the second time for Inuyasha in 2002. A majority of the Takahashi canon has been adapted into other media such as anime, live-action TV series, and film.
- Author(s)Rumiko Takahashi
- PublisherViz Media, Subs. of Shogakukan Inc
- Date of Publication12/02/2015
- SubjectGraphic Novels: Manga
- Series TitleInuyasha
- Series Part/Volume Number16
- Place of PublicationSan Francisco
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintViz Media, Subs. of Shogakukan Inc
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations, colour illustrations
- Weight962 g
- Width146 mm
- Height219 mm
- Spine35 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $14.24Trending at AU $14.43
- AU $7.43Trending at AU $13.80
- AU $72.58Trending at AU $75.11
- AU $13.21Trending at AU $15.13
- AU $14.94Trending at AU $19.85
- AU $11.92Trending at AU $16.07
- AU $19.23Trending at AU $23.93
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.