All listings for this product
About this product
- Description'Macksey's blend of what actually happened and what might have been makes for a piece of writing comparable to Frederick Forsyth at his best.' Jack Higgins 'Convincingly described and excellently illustrated.' The Daily Telegraph In June 1940, German troops massed across the Channel, poised for the invasion of Britain. With France defeated and Britain cowed, Hitler seemed ready for his greatest gamble. In this brilliant and compelling alternate history the Germans launch the invasion that, in reality, was never more than a plan. Landing between Dover and Hythe, German troops push inland supported by the Luftwaffe and the impregnable panzers, and strike out towards London. The British, desperate to defeat the invaders, rally and prepare for a crucial confrontation - at Maidstone. Realistic, carefully researched and superbly written, this best-selling study is a classic of alternate history and a thought-provoking look at how Britain's war might have been.
- Author BiographyKenneth Macksey served in WWII and was the author of Guderian: Panzer General and Kesselring: Master Strategist of World War II. He also edited The Hitler Options, an alternate history of World War II.
- Author(s)Kenneth Macksey
- PublisherPen & Sword Books Ltd
- Date of Publication19/01/2015
- SubjectMilitary History
- Place of PublicationBarnsley
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintFrontline Books
- Content Note32 pages of b/w plates
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $28.69Trending at AU $30.81
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $78.80
- AU $44.48Trending at AU $52.87
- AU $34.28Trending at AU $38.66
- AU $26.88Trending at AU $29.34
- AU $44.27Trending at AU $52.85
- AU $36.48Trending at AU $41.19
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.