All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionOur world and our churches are neither sinful r lost, they are dead. This dead world is the one that God engages and into which Jesus invaded with a radically different vision of life.In this groundbreaking work, based on his 211 Yale Beecher lectures, Brian K. Blount helps preachers effectively proclaim resurrection in a world consumed by death. Recognizing that both popular culture and popular Christianity are mesmerized by death and dying, Blount offers an alternative apocalyptic vision for our time--one that starts with a clear vision of life that obliterates death and reveals life's essence. Blount explores the portrait and meaning of resurrection through the New Testament (the Book of Revelation, the letters of Paul, and the Gospel of Mark) and explores how to biblically and theologically reconfigure apocalyptic preaching for today. With three illustrative sermons, this book is an ideal resource to help preachers proclaim the power of resurrection.
- Author BiographyBrian K. Blount is President and Professor of New Testament at Union Presbyterian Seminary in Richmond, Virginia. He is the author of many books, including Revelation: A Commentary, Can I Get a Witness? Reading Revelation through African-American Culture, and Preaching Mark in Two Voices.
- Author(s)Brian K. Blount
- PublisherWestminster/John Knox Press,U.S.
- Date of Publication31/01/2014
- SubjectChristianity: General
- Place of PublicationLouisville
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintWestminster/John Knox Press,U.S.
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight207 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine9 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.30Trending at AU $73.48
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $99.31
- AU $36.78Trending at AU $38.13
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.65
- AU $33.33Trending at AU $36.24
- AU $20.18Trending at AU $24.49
- AU $23.12Trending at AU $33.89
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.