All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $79.02
- AU $70.86Trending at AU $126.46
- AU $6.90Trending at AU $10.41
- AU $26.88Trending at AU $29.42
- AU $16.68Trending at AU $22.22
- AU $36.48Trending at AU $41.31
- AU $40.00Trending at AU $40.55
About this product
- DescriptionThe Papers of the Freudian School of Melbourne, Volume 24 give testament to that quasi - suicidal risk taken by analysts and members of the school, in applying, t a technique, but the Freudian method to their clinical practice, to their seminars, to their writing and to the functioning of the School itself. In pursuing a practice that seeks to avoid the inertia spoken of by Lacan, the contributors to this volume take the risk of encountering the impasses of the clinic today and the incompleteness of Lacanian theory with invention. Being marked by the residue of the psychoanalytic clinic they continue to work their transference to that clinic and to the texts of Freud and Lacan. Included in this volume is a paper by Oscar Zentner, founder of the School as well as translations of papers and extracts from books by analysts from overseas - Jean Allouch, Erik Porge, Jean Berges, Gabriel Balbo and Gustavo EtkinTo conclude with just a few indications about the diverse content and style of these papers, the title of this volume, Invention in the Real, marks both a time in the history of the Freudian School of Melbourne and a direction with regard to its orientation to theory and practice. Central to this volume are papers written to mark the thirtieth anniversary of the foundation of the School. Also approaching three decades since the death of Lacan, this series of papers addresses The Lacanian Clinic Today and examine questions of Time and History in relation to psychoanalysis.
- Author BiographyLinda Clifton is a psychoanalyst. She is an Analyst of the School, a former Director of the Freudian School of Melbourne and current Editor of its Papers. Her psychoanalytic papers are published in the Papers of the Freudian School of Melbourne and in Ecritique, the Newsletter of the School.
- PublisherKarnac Books
- Date of Publication31/07/2012
- SubjectPsychology: Professional & General
- Series TitlePapers of the Freudian School of Melbourne
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintKarnac Books
- Weight703 g
- Width147 mm
- Height230 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Edited byLinda Clifton
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.