All listings for this product
Save on Textbooks
- AU $65.50Trending at AU $75.22
- AU $143.50Trending at AU $152.67
- AU $44.92Trending at AU $56.19
- AU $28.56Trending at AU $29.58
- AU $20.94Trending at AU $25.80
- AU $32.43Trending at AU $39.06
- AU $20.25Trending at AU $21.98
About this product
- DescriptionWith a careful selection of topics, a focus on conceptual understanding, and a strong theme of scientific process, Investigating Astromy offers a compelling presentation for students learning introductory astromy. The updated new edition includes cutting-edge research in the field and provides a contemporary view of the nature of science.
- Author BiographyTimothy F. Slater holds the University of Wyoming Excellence in Higher Education Endowed Chair for Science Education where he holds faculty appointments in the College of Education, the College of Science, and the School of Energy Resources. Internationally known for his work in the teaching and learning of astronomy, he serves as the Director of the Cognition in Astronomy and Physics Education Research CAPER Team where his research focuses on uncovering learners' conceptual models when engaging in science. Prior to becoming a chaired professor at the University of Wyoming, Dr. Slater was a tenured professor in the Astronomy Department at the University of Arizona where he constructed the first Ph.D. program focusing on astronomy education research. Roger A. Freedman is a Lecturer in Physics at the University of California, Santa Barbara, USA. At UCSB, Dr. Freedman has taught in both the Department of Physics and the College of Creative Studies, a branch of the university intended for highly gifted and motivated undergraduates. He has published research in nuclear physics, elementary particle physics, and laser physics. In recent years, he has helped to develop computer-based tools for learning introductory physics and astronomy and helped pioneer the use of classroom response systems and the flipped classroom model at UCSB. He is co-author of three introductory textbooks: University Physics (Pearson), Universe (Freeman), and Investigating Astronomy (Freeman).
- Author(s)Roger A. Freedman,Tim Slater
- PublisherW.H.Freeman & Co Ltd
- Date of Publication05/05/2014
- SubjectScience & Mathematics: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintW.H.Freeman & Co Ltd
- Weight100 g
- Width1 mm
- Height1 mm
- Spine1 mm
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.