All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $28.69Trending at AU $30.81
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $78.80
- AU $44.48Trending at AU $52.87
- AU $34.28Trending at AU $38.66
- AU $26.88Trending at AU $29.34
- AU $44.27Trending at AU $52.85
- AU $36.48Trending at AU $41.19
About this product
- DescriptionIn January 1928, the surrealists initiated their remarkable 'researches into sexuality' with a series of round-table conversations involving key figures such as Andre Breton, Yves Tanguy, Louis Aragon, Man Ray, Max Ernst and Antonin Artaud. The transcripts, in all their bizarre and fascinating detail, are presented here. While there is plenty of humor - t all of it intentional - the speakers were trying scrupulously to record every aspect of sexual love, cataloguing preferences and positions, quality and quantity. This book is a unique historical record of sexual practice and ethics; a fundamental text for understanding the surrealist movement and, for all its idiosyncrasies, a document that still retains an extraordinary vitality today.
- Author BiographyJose Pierre was a playwright, novelist and art historian. He belonged to the postwar Paris surrealist group that formed around Andre Breton. He was a member of Actual, an archive for the dissemination of the secret history of surrealism.
- Author(s)Dawn Ades
- PublisherVerso Books
- Date of Publication31/10/2011
- SubjectFine Arts / Art History
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintVerso Books
- Weight249 g
- Width129 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Edited byJose Pierre
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.