Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.40
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.83
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.28
- AU $94.90Trending at AU $96.53
- AU $69.53Trending at AU $86.07
- AU $18.54Trending at AU $23.02
- AU $29.00Trending at AU $39.16
About this product
- DescriptionThe study was designed for phytochemical investigations of ethalic extract of bark and leaf of Swietenia mahagoni belonging to the family of Meliaceae and evaluation of their biological activities with the special emphasis on analgesic, anti-inflammatory, anti-microbial and cytotoxic screening in different animal model. Phytochemical investigations were done by extensive analysis with high resolution proton NMR spectroscopic data. The ethal extract of stem bark was partitioned between pet-ether, dichloromethane and methal fractions. Chromatographic isolation of dichloromethane fraction using column chromatography followed by preparative TLC afforded tetrartriterpeid compound. Ethal extract and different fractions showed significant analgesic and anti-inflammatory potential.From the bio-assay of different fractions and extract, significant cytotoxic properties were evaluated whereas mild to moderate antimicrobial activity was found in this study.
- Author(s)Mohammad Ahsanul Akbar,Mohammad Shawkat Ali,Rubina Ahamed
- PublisherLAP Lambert Academic Publishing
- Date of Publication07/05/2012
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectClinical Medicine: Professional
- Country of PublicationGermany
- ImprintLAP Lambert Academic Publishing
- Weight200 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine8 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.