All listings for this product
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.88Trending at AU $71.29
- AU $32.44Trending at AU $38.14
- AU $53.34Trending at AU $59.06
- AU $28.48Trending at AU $29.55
- AU $45.07Trending at AU $52.06
- AU $33.00Trending at AU $35.68
- AU $30.12Trending at AU $32.49
About this product
- DescriptionThis fourth volume of the series Sprichwoerterforschung (proverb research) presents a bibliography of approximately 10,000 tes explaining the origin, history and meaning of individual proverbs, proverbial expressions, quotations and cliches which have appeared in 228 volumes of the British journal Notes and Queries from 1849 to 1983. Most entries refer to English texts, but there are also tes on French, German and Latin expressions. References to twinformulas, reduplicatives, wellerisms and weather rules are also included, making this book a useful bibliography for the philological and historical study of proverbial materials. For additional references out of other journals see Wolfgang Mieder, International Bibliography of Explanatory Essays on Individual Proverbs and Proverbial Expressions (Verlag Peter Lang, Bern 1977).
- Author(s)Wolfgang Mieder
- PublisherPeter Lang AG
- Date of Publication01/12/1984
- SubjectSocial Studies: General
- Series TitleSprichworterforschung S.
- Series Part/Volume Numberv. 4
- Country of PublicationSwitzerland
- ImprintPeter Lang AG
- Weight610 g
- Height230 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.