Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $94.99Trending at AU $106.80
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.51
- AU $104.90Trending at AU $118.13
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $108.21
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $107.74
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $106.06
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $87.61
About this product
- DescriptionInvestment choices for South African Education was conceived between 2003 and 2007, the heady days of high ecomic growth in South Africa. However, since 2008, new trends have been set in motion by the global ecomic slowdown. The threat of slower growth compounded by the brake that South Africa's earlier under-investment in infrastructure placed on development are likely to make investment choices in education and skills development that much more complex. This presents a conundrum to South African policy-makers: neglect education, the foundation of a highly-skilled population, and set in place long-term conditions for broader social and ecomic failure. Or set in place stronger investment patterns in education, alongside infrastructural investment, and provide for the preconditions of long-term sustainable growth and development. This title is a plea t only for more thought to be given to these questions, but also more investment in education to encourage sustainable development. In a set of thoughtful and well-researched essays and reflections, Investment Choices for South African Education opens the issues for discussion and debate.
- Author Biography<b>Graeme Bloch</b> is an education specialist at the DBSA (Development Bank of Southern Africa). <b>Linda Chisholm</b> is director of the education, science and skills development research program at the Human Sciences Research Council in Pretoria and is visiting professor of education at the University of Witwatersrand, Johannesburg. <b>Brahm Fleisch</b> is an associate professor in the Division of Education Leadership and Policy Studies at the Wits School of Education, Johannesburg. <b>Mahlubi Mabizela</b> works in the directorate of higher education policy and development in the department of education.
- PublisherWits University Press
- Date of Publication01/12/2008
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationJohannesburg
- Country of PublicationSouth Africa
- ImprintWits University Press
- Weight235 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Edited byBrahm Fleisch,Graeme Bloch,Linda Chisholm,Mahlubi 'Chief' Mabizela
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.