All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.99Trending at AU $75.20
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $72.08
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $71.02
- AU $100.89Trending at AU $103.83
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.26
- AU $57.95Trending at AU $58.87
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $112.98
About this product
- DescriptionThis book provides an in-depth analysis of investment problems pertaining to electric energy infrastructure, including both generation and transmission facilities. The analysis encompasses decision-making tools for expansion planning, reinforcement, and the selection and timing of investment options. In this regard, the book provides an up-to-date description of analytical tools to address challenging investment questions such as:* How can we expand and/or reinforce our aging electricity transmission infrastructure? * How can we expand the transmission network of a given region to integrate significant amounts of renewable generation? * How can we expand generation facilities to achieve a low-carbon electricity production system? * How can we expand the generation system while ensuring appropriate levels of flexibility to accommodate both demand-related and production-related uncertainties? * How can we choose among alternative production facilities? * What is the right time to invest in a given production or transmission facility?Written in a tutorial style and modular format, the book includes a wealth of illustrative examples to facilitate comprehension. It is intended for advanced undergraduate and graduate students in the fields of electric energy systems, operations research, management science, and ecomics. Practitioners in the electric energy sector will also benefit from the concepts and techniques presented here.
- Author BiographyAntonio J. Conejo, professor at Ohio State University, received his MS from MIT and his PhD from the Royal Institute of Technology, Sweden. He has published over 165 papers in SCI journals and has authored or coauthored books published by Springer, John Wiley, McGraw-Hill, and CRC. An IEEE Fellow, he has been the principal investigator in many research projects financed by public agencies and the power industry and has supervised 19 PhD theses. Luis Baringo, assistant professor at the University of Castilla-La Mancha, Ciudad Real, Spain, received his Industrial Engineering degree and his PhD in Electrical Engineering from the University of Castilla-La Mancha, Spain, in 2009 and 2013, respectively. In 2014, he was a postdoctoral researcher at the Power Systems Laboratory, ETH Zurich, Switzerland. S. Jalal Kazempour, postdoctoral fellow at the Department of Electrical Engineering, Technical University of Denmark, Kgs. Lyngby, Denmark, received his BS from the University of Tabriz, Iran in 2006, his MS from Tarbiat Modares University, Tehran, Iran in 2009, and his PhD from the University of Castilla-La Mancha, Ciudad Real, Spain in 2013, all in the field of electrical engineering. In 2014, he was a postdoctoral fellow at the Whiting School of Engineering, Johns Hopkins University, Baltimore, USA. Afzal S. Siddiqui, Senior Lecturer in the Department of Statistical Science at University College London, received the B.S. from Columbia University and the M.S. and Ph.D. from the University of California at Berkeley (all in industrial engineering and operations research). His research interests are in decision making under uncertainty in the energy sector. Besides having participated in several externally funded projects, he has coordinated an EU project on risk management and energy efficiency in public buildings. He also holds visiting positions at Stockholm University and Aalto University.
- Author(s)Afzal S. Siddiqui,Antonio J. Conejo,Luis Baringo,S. Jalal Kazempour
- PublisherSpringer International Publishing AG
- Date of Publication11/06/2016
- SubjectManagement & Business: General
- Place of PublicationCham
- Country of PublicationSwitzerland
- ImprintSpringer International Publishing AG
- Content Note79 black & white illustrations, 10 colour illustrations, biography
- Weight760 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine22 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.