All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $70.99Trending at AU $78.50
- AU $65.99Trending at AU $71.11
- AU $79.95Trending at AU $84.59
- AU $70.94Trending at AU $76.22
- AU $17.65Trending at AU $20.83
- AU $16.58Trending at AU $22.43
- AU $12.65Trending at AU $18.66
About this product
- DescriptionNew Penguin Essentials edition of Ralph Ellison's blistering, impassioned vel of African-American lives in 1940s America, Invisible Man. 'I am invisible, understand, simply because people refuse to see me.' Defeated and embittered by a country which treats him as a n-being, the 'invisible man' retreats into an underground cell, where he smokes, drinks, listens to jazz and recounts his search for identity in white society: as an optimistic student in the Deep South, in the rth with the black activist group the Brotherhood, and in the Harlem race riots. And explains how he came to be living underground ...
- Author BiographyRalph Waldo Ellison (1914-94) was born in Oklahoma. In 1936 he went to New York, where he met the writers Langston Hughes and Richard Wright; shortly afterwards his stories and articles began to appear in magazines and journals. His debut novel, Invisible Man (1952), won the National Book Award and established Ellison as a major figure in twentieth-century fiction.
- Author(s)Ralph Ellison
- PublisherPenguin Books Ltd
- Date of Publication14/08/2014
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Series TitlePenguin Essentials
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPenguin Books Ltd
- Weight327 g
- Width111 mm
- Height181 mm
- Spine36 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.