All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $90.88Trending at AU $93.04
- AU $28.71Trending at AU $30.82
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $78.83
- AU $34.29Trending at AU $38.68
- AU $26.88Trending at AU $29.35
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $17.94
- AU $36.48Trending at AU $41.21
About this product
- DescriptionExistential psychology examines how people deal with the biggest issues - such as finding meaning in life and facing death. It deals with many of the same problems as psychoanalysis and analytical psychology, but emphasises the view that one can understand the life of ather by listening to their way of seeing existence and opening up their 'phemenal world'. As a therapeutic approach it is recognised by the British Psychological Society and taught on a number of courses. This introductory text discusses all the main contemporary theories of existential psychology, and illustrates them with case examples. Practical implications for clinical work are considered, and comparisons with other approaches such as humanistic psychotherapy are made throughout.
- Author BiographyBo Jacobsen is professor at the Centre for research in Existence and Society at the University of Copenhagen, Department of Sociology. His research specialisation is in Existential Psychology. He holds two doctorate degrees and has been in charge of several research projects on psychological and existential problems for instance an intensive qualitative study on the psychological problems and existential reflections of cancer patients. He is also a practicing psychologists an an existential psychotherapist and supervisor. he has authored numerous articles and books on psychological and existential issues, all written in an incisive and engaging style. He has lectured on existential psychology and psychotherapy in London and throughout Continental Europe. His mission is to develop the human and existential dimensions of psychology and psychotherapy. In this way he aims to stimulate human beings to develop their opens and reach out for each other.
- Author(s)Bo H. Jacobsen
- PublisherJohn Wiley and Sons Ltd
- Date of Publication18/01/2008
- SubjectMedicine: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationHoboken
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Weight402 g
- Width162 mm
- Height236 mm
- Spine15 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.