All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionUsing Shakespeare's sonnets, this book shows how the involuntary expression of language is suffused with cultural intent, how much the rhythms of the past permeate the present -- and how many lost friends, lovers, and opportunities can be heard in the music of the current moment.
- Author BiographyAARON SHURIN is an American poet, essayist, and educator. Since 1999, he has co-directed the Master of Fine Arts in Writing Program at the University of San Francisco. Aaron Shurin received his M.A. in Poetics from New College of California, where he studied under poet Robert Duncan. He is a recipient of California Arts Council Literary Fellowships in poetry (1989, 2002), and a NEA fellowship in creative nonfiction (1995). Shurin is the former Associate Director of the Poetry Center & American Poetry Archives at San Francisco State University. He is the author of over ten books, including A'S DREAM (O Books, 1999), NARRATIVITY (Sun & Moon Press, 1990), Unbound: A Book of AIDS (Sun & Moon Press, 1997), THE PARADISE OF FORMS: SELECTED POEMS (Talisman House, Publishers, 1999), A DOOR (Talisman House, Publishers, 2000), INVOLUNTARY LYRICS (Omnidawn Publishing, 2005), KING OF SHADOWS (City Lights Publishers, 2008) and CITIZEN (City Lights Publishers, 2011).
- Author(s)Aaron Shurin
- PublisherOmnidawn Publishing
- Date of Publication01/11/2005
- SubjectPoetry Texts & Poetry Anthologies
- Place of PublicationRichmond, CA
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintOmnidawn Publishing
- Weight202 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.88Trending at AU $70.50
- AU $32.48Trending at AU $37.71
- AU $28.53Trending at AU $29.22
- AU $28.02Trending at AU $30.32
- AU $30.98Trending at AU $39.61
- AU $11.25Trending at AU $14.70
- AU $25.62Trending at AU $32.55
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.