Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.40
- AU $166.95Trending at AU $170.82
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $118.00
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $109.01
- AU $104.89Trending at AU $107.40
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $52.58
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $105.95
About this product
- DescriptionSince the Second World War, the field of ion exchange has taken a dominant role in offering solutions to many problems in the developed and developing world. It has evolved to a wide array of applications, including mining, microelectronics, drug delivery and detection, food, fertilizers, chemical cleaning, catalysis, bioseparation, water management, environmental research and practices, and energy. The six chapters in this book represent diverse contributions from researchers around the globe who are making ticeable strides in the field in currently important areas: * Brackish water desalination * Removing boron from water * Sustainable approaches for synthesizing commercially important epoxide building blocks * Solid-phase heavy-metal separation * Separating concentrated ion mixtures in sorption columns * Sensing toxic metals Ion Exchange and Solvent Extraction: A Series of Advances, Volume 22 provides a focused review of new materials and new processes that have developed and are rapidly growing. It describes cutting-edge research and practices in the use of ion exchange for building a cleaner, sustainable world and provides thoughtful insights on what ion exchange may do for us in the future.
- Author BiographyArup K. SenGupta is a P.C. Rossin Professor of the Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering and the Department of Chemical Engineering at Lehigh University, Bethlehem, Pennsylvania. He earned his PhD in environmental engineering from the University of Houston, Texas. He served as editor of the Reactive and Functional Polymers journal for a decade. His research encompasses multiple areas of separation and environmental processes including ion exchange. He has received numerous awards and holds 10 United States patents (eight awarded and two pending), mostly in the area of ion exchange science and technology. In recognition of his research inventions and their impact on both the developed and the developing world, he has been inducted as a fellow of the National Academy of Inventors, the American Institute of Chemical Engineers, and the American Society of Civil Engineers.
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Inc
- Date of Publication08/06/2016
- SubjectIndustrial Chemistry & Manufacturing
- Series TitleIon Exchange and Solvent Extraction Series
- Place of PublicationPortland
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintProductivity Press
- Content Note128 black & white illustrations, 32 black & white tables
- Weight521 g
- Width156 mm
- Height235 mm
- Edited byArup K. Sengupta
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.