Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $79.02
- AU $69.30Trending at AU $126.46
- AU $6.90Trending at AU $10.41
- AU $16.68Trending at AU $22.22
- AU $36.48Trending at AU $41.31
- AU $40.00Trending at AU $40.55
- AU $36.19Trending at AU $38.17
About this product
- DescriptionThis book provides an exclusive insight into service history of 13 fighter jet types - from Vampires and Hunters to MiG-29s and Su-24s - that served with Royal Iraqi Air Force (RIrAF) and Iraqi Air Force (IrAF) between 1953 and 2003. Serious investigative research, including exclusive primary evidence gathered by both authors in- and outside Iraq, generated a level of detail and color of unmatched degree in any previous publications about any Arab air force. The result is a detailed history of RIrAF and IrAF markings, serial numbers and camouflage patterns, the in-depth history of each Iraqi fighter squadron, their equipment over the time as well as unit and various special insignias. Richly illustrated with photographs and artworks, the book provides details about a number of air-to-air and air-to-ground weapons, many put to the ultimate test only by the Iraqi Air Force. A list of original names for air bases used by IrAF is included as well. An appendix lists the existing plastic scale model kits in 1/72, 1/48 and 1/32 scale as well as decals sheets in regards to Iraqi Air Force.
- Author BiographyTom Cooper, from Austria, is a military-aviation journalist and historian. Following a career in a worldwide transportation business - in which, during his extensive travels in Europe and the Middle East, he established excellent contacts - he moved into writing. An earlier fascination with post-Second World War military aviation has narrowed to focus on smaller air forces and conflicts, about which he has collected extensive archives of material. Concentrating primarily on air warfare that has previously received scant attention, he specializes in investigative research on little-known African and Arab air forces, as well as the Iranian Air Force. Cooper has published 18 books - including the unique 'Arab MiGs' series, which examines the deployment and service history of major Arab air forces in conflicts with Israel - as well as over 200 articles on related topics, providing a window into a number of previously unexamined yet fascinating conflicts and relevant developments.
- Author(s)Brig.Gen. Ahmad Sadik,Tom Cooper
- PublisherHarpia Publishing, LLC
- Date of Publication01/07/2008
- SubjectMilitary History
- Place of PublicationHouston
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintHarpia Publishing, LLC
- Content Notewith 44 b/w, 96 colour pictures,66 colour drawings and one map
- Weight522 g
- Width210 mm
- Height279 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Format DetailsUnsewn / adhesive bound,Trade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.