All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIreland's Ancient East is a new campaign that offers visitors a view of a different Ireland. This guidebook showcases 100 sites across the region, from Carlingford in County Louth, through the Boyne Valley of County Meath, into the heartlands of Tipperary and Kilkenny before ending up in Cork. Visit sites such as Clonmacise, Newgrange and the Rock of Cashel, as well as a large number of hidden gems like Athassel Priory in Tipperary, Gaulstown Dolmen in Waterford and Loughcrew Passage Tombs, in Meath. Take an immersive journey of discovery through over 5,000 years of Ireland's history, heritage, archaeology and folklore. Includes practical information about how to find the sites and what to expect from the visitor experience. Lavishly illustrated and with easy-to-follow maps, this is the first guide to this brand new venture.
- Author BiographyNeil Jackman is an experienced archaeologist who has excavated sites all over Ireland. He also writes a fortnightly heritage article on TheJournal.ie and the popular blog, Time Travel Ireland. He is co-founder and executive director of Abarta Heritage.
- Author(s)Neil Jackman
- PublisherThe Collins Press
- Date of Publication18/04/2016
- SubjectTravel & Holiday Guides: General
- Place of PublicationCork
- Country of PublicationIreland
- ImprintThe Collins Press
- Content Note100 colour photos
- Weight541 g
- Width128 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine20 mm
Save on Travel Guides
- AU $75.00Trending at AU $87.50
- AU $33.40Trending at AU $35.99
- AU $23.03Trending at AU $25.49
- AU $34.00Trending at AU $43.07
- AU $19.57Trending at AU $25.22
- AU $17.95Trending at AU $26.48
- AU $12.95Trending at AU $16.43
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.