All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $47.35Trending at AU $49.62
- AU $74.07Trending at AU $76.83
- AU $22.10Trending at AU $23.10
- AU $35.47Trending at AU $39.18
- AU $26.74Trending at AU $37.70
- AU $17.65Trending at AU $21.74
- AU $37.61Trending at AU $38.98
About this product
- DescriptionThis is the paperback edition. The hardback edition of this book is available, for the same price, at: www.IrelandsFirst.com I have been passionate about raptors ever since I can remember. I don't kw what it is about them that attracts me, but this fascination brought me to Mountshann, Lough Derg, County Clare to photograph the first Irish White Tailed Sea Eagles in over 100 years. This historic event was a huge eye-opener for me. I'd seen lots of birds of prey in my life, but never like this. I was able to see the same couple every day going about their business, building a nest, mating and raising young. From the beginning, this story just got better and better, until an unforeseen event made my heart sink. I thought it was all over, but it wasn't. Once again, the story picked up and became a huge success for Ireland's first White Tailed Sea Eagles in 100 years. This story needs to be read to understand how amazing these parents are, especially with all the hardships and heart-stopping moments that they had to deal with. I truly loved filming, photographing and documenting this historic event and I am very proud to have been a part of it. I really hope you enjoy this photographic book. I wish these magnificent birds all the luck in the world. I hope that they live long and in a few years come back to Lough Derg to reproduce. Hopefully, I'll be there to film them!
- Author BiographyThis is the paperback edition. The hardback editions of my books are available for the same price on the website: www.IrelandsFirst.com I am a wildlife photographer with a huge passion for birds of prey. I have photographed wildlife since I was fifteen years of age. My first really big photo was of a pair of Ospreys mating next to the nest in the forest of Orleans, France, back in 2003. That day, I took a photo that was the best photo I'd ever taken, until I began photographing the White Tailed Sea Eagles in Mountshannon, County Clare, Ireland. I took a photo of the male eagle with a fish on the shore of Bushy Island, which is now the cover of my book, Ireland's First, and has become my best ever shot. However, it didn't stop there, as I took hundreds of fantastic shots, which are printed in full colour in 100 Years, 100 Photos. Ten years separated the shot of the Ospreys and the shot of the eagle. Back in 2003, I wanted to write a book and fill it with my photos, but I never got around to it. This book has been a long time coming. It was such a pleasure to write and I am very proud to have documented and photographed the first White Tailed Sea Eagle chicks in Ireland in over a hundred years.
- Author(s)Nigel Beers Smith
- PublisherCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Date of Publication23/10/2013
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectNatural History: Animal & Wildlife
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Content Notecolour illustrations
- Weight744 g
- Width216 mm
- Height279 mm
- Spine21 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.