All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.99Trending at AU $73.29
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $71.81
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $70.75
- AU $100.89Trending at AU $103.44
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $80.95
- AU $53.09Trending at AU $58.60
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $112.55
About this product
- DescriptionBased on John Bayley's memoirs, Iris tells the moving and extraordinary story of the forty-year love affair between him and the velist and philosopher Iris Murdoch. From the romance of their early days at Oxford in the 1950s to her devastating decline in the grip of Alzheimer's disease in the late 1990s, Iris is a tender portrait of a marriage that survives even through life's most tragic and mysterious occurrences. Blurring the boundaries between past and present, Iris captures the relationship of two brilliant intellectuals, determinedly unworldly, and yet utterly devoted to each other. It is a profoundly affecting study of enduring love. Included in this book are the complete shooting script written by Richard Eyre and Charles Wood, a new introduction by Richard Eyre, interviews with John Bayley, Judi Dench, Kate Winslet, Jim Broadbent and Hugh Bonneville, dozens of stills from the film, biographies of the cast and crew, and complete credits. Iris has been minated for three awards at the 2002 Golden Globe Awards.
- Author BiographyRichard Eyre was the Artistic Director of The Royal National Theatre for ten years between 1988 and 1997. He has directed numerous classic and new plays. He is the author of UTOPIA AND OTHER PLACES, published by Bloomsbury in 1993, and co-author with Nicholas Wright of CHANGING STAGES: A VIEW OF TWENTIETH-CENTURY BRITISH THEATRE, also published by Bloomsbury. Charles Wood's previous film credits include THE KNACK, HELP!, and AN AWFULLY BIG ADVENTURE. He wrote the BAFTA Award-winning BBC drama TUMBLEDOWN, which was also directed by Richard Eyre.
- Author(s)Charles Wood,Richard Eyre
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Date of Publication15/02/2002
- SubjectDrama Texts, Plays & Screenplays
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Content Note8 colour pl
- Weight200 g
- Width129 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Introduction byRichard Eyre
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.