All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $31.48Trending at AU $32.14
- AU $56.25Trending at AU $57.32
- AU $161.21Trending at AU $168.37
- AU $65.85Trending at AU $78.78
- AU $11.89Trending at AU $18.34
- AU $12.89Trending at AU $16.81
- AU $36.85Trending at AU $51.53
About this product
- DescriptionOver the centuries Ireland has preserved a magical, mystical aura that lends itself to tales of the supernatural-from leprechauns and fairies to ghosts and hauntings. Stories and storytelling have always been central to Irish folk culture, and this anthology of the best ghost stories from Ireland and Irish writers includes contributions from Sheridan Le Fanu, Bram Stoker, Patrick Kennedy, George Moore, and W. B. Yeats. The result is a collection of tingling tales of poltergeists, supernatural experiences, haunted houses, death warnings, and banshees that will chill the blood of readers and listeners alike.
- Author BiographyDavid Stuart Davies is an author, playwright and editor. His fiction includes six novels featuring his wartime detective Johnny Hawke and six Sherlock Holmes novels - the latest being Sherlock Holmes & the Devil's Promise (2014). He has also penned a series of dark gritty crime novels set in Yorkshire in the 1980s. The first, Brothers in Blood, appeared in 2013 and the second, Innocent Blood in 2015. He is committee member of the Crime Writers' Association, editing their monthly publication, Red Herrings, and is a Fellow of the Royal Literary Fund. David is regarded as an authority on Sherlock Holmes and is the author of two Holmes plays, Sherlock Holmes: The Last Act and Sherlock Holmes: The Death and Life, which are available on audio CD. He has written all the Afterwords for all the Collector's Library Holmes volumes as well as those for many of their other titles.
- PublisherPan Macmillan
- Date of Publication01/04/2010
- SubjectHorror & Ghost Stories
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintMacmillan Collector's Library
- Out-of-print date16/10/2016
- Weight305 g
- Width102 mm
- Height157 mm
- Spine28 mm
- Edited byDavid Stuart Davies
- Edition StatementMain Market Ed.
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.