All listings for this product
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $70.84
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.70
- AU $17.60Trending at AU $22.14
- AU $69.53Trending at AU $87.71
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $32.72
- AU $34.66Trending at AU $35.87
- AU $28.96Trending at AU $38.89
About this product
- DescriptionThe priest's pig gets the most porridge. In this illustrated collection of blarney from all over the Emerald Isle, one escapes the barb: the clergy, the miser, the drinker, the foreigner, the chaste maiden and her lusty suitor. There is also humour and pride, faith and love ...and the odd word of caution. Learn to banter like the Irish with these wise, witty and wicked sayings. And remember ...It's a good story that fills the belly.
- Author BiographySeamus Cashman established Wolfhound Press Ltd in 1974 as a literary and cultural publishing house, and as publisher until 2001 won an international reputation for the press, earning many design, publishing and children's book awards over the years. A former teacher and book editor, his own published works include two co-edited and lasting volumes, Irish Poems for Young People and Proverbs and Sayings of Ireland. He is author of three poetry collections; That Morning Will Come, Carnival, and Clowns and Acrobats. He is a board member of Children's Books Ireland, and works as an independent publishing consultant.
- Author(s)Seamus Cashman,Sean Gaffney
- PublisherO'Brien Press Ltd
- Date of Publication02/03/2015
- SubjectPopular Culture & Media: General Interest
- Place of PublicationDublin
- Country of PublicationIreland
- ImprintO'Brien Press Ltd
- Weight180 g
- Width110 mm
- Height177 mm
- Spine15 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.