All listings for this product
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.18
- AU $69.53Trending at AU $85.88
- AU $17.60Trending at AU $22.02
- AU $14.45Trending at AU $21.10
- AU $29.91Trending at AU $39.07
- AU $35.37Trending at AU $37.41
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $53.81
About this product
- DescriptionA celebration of Irish thatch. The picturesque, white-washed thatched cottage is an iconic emblem of Ireland. The tradition reaches back in history to the ancient crang and one-roomed labourers' cottages. Beautiful examples of this still-living craft can be found all over the island, from bustling urban centres and quiet country roads to the wild coasts of the west. Since moving into a thatched cottage several years ago, Emma Byrne has become fascinated by thatched houses and the craft behind them. Armed with a camera, a tebook, and a Sat Nav, she took to the roads, travelling the length and breadth of this island to capture the variety and beauty of Ireland's thatch.
- Author BiographyEmma Byrne is a graphic designer and artist. She is a graduate of Central Saint Martins School of Art and Design. She has won numerous awards for her design including The IDI (Irish Design Institute) Graduate Designer of the Year, the IDI Promotional Literature Award for her work on Brown Morning, and a Children's Books Ireland Bisto Merit Award for her work on Something Beginning With P: New Poems from Irish Poets. She has illustrated many books, including Best-Loved Oscar Wilde, Best Loved Yeats, The Most Beautiful Letter in the World by Karl O'Neill, a special edition of Ulysses by James Joyce, and A Terrible Beauty by Mairead Ashe Fitzgerald. She lives in a thatched house in Co. Wexford.
- Author(s)Emma Byrne
- PublisherO'Brien Press Ltd
- Date of Publication27/10/2015
- Place of PublicationDublin
- Country of PublicationIreland
- ImprintO'Brien Press Ltd
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight870 g
- Width216 mm
- Height250 mm
- Spine19 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.