Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.88
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.86
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.37
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $75.12
- AU $31.50Trending at AU $37.08
- AU $44.51Trending at AU $47.26
- AU $25.48Trending at AU $28.32
About this product
- DescriptionIron Physiology and Pathophysiology in Humans provides health professionals in many areas of research and practice with the most up-to-date and well-referenced volume on the importance of iron as a nutrient and its role in health and disease. This important new volume is the benchmark in the complex area of interrelationships between the essentiality of iron, its functions throughout the body, including its critical role in erythropoiesis, the biochemistry and clinical relevance of iron-containing enzymes and other molecules involved in iron absorption, transport and metabolism, he importance of optimal iron status on immune function, and links between iron and the liver, heart, brain and other organs. Moreover, the interactions between genetic and environmental factors and the numerous co-morbidities seen with both iron deficiency and iron overload in at risk populations are clearly delineated so that students as well as practitioners can better understand the complexities of these interactions. Key features of the volume include an in-depth index and recommendations and practice guidelines are included in relevant chapters. The volume contains more than 100 detailed tables and informative figures and up-to-date references that provide the reader with excellent sources of information about the critical role of iron nutrition, optimal iron status and the adverse clinical consequences of altered iron homeostasis. Iron Physiology and Pathophysiology in Humans is an excellent new text as well as the most authoritative resource in the field.
- PublisherHumana Press Inc.
- Date of Publication01/07/2010
- SubjectMedicine: General
- Series TitleNutrition and Health
- Place of PublicationTotowa, NJ
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintHumana Press Inc.
- Content Note51 black & white tables, biography
- Weight1548 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine39 mm
- Edited byGordon D. McLaren,Gregory Jon Anderson
- Format DetailsLaminated cover
- Edition Statement2012
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.