All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionProviding exactly what the fastest growing segment of the triathlon world yearns for, Melanie and Don Fink have created a complete training guide for women triathletes with highly efficient, easy-to-follow, multi-distance training programs. Women encounter all the same challenges as men in their triathlon training and racing, but there are a host of issues unique to them, issues about which most men don't have a clue. From the stay-at-home mom to the professional woman, female triathletes face societal expectations, and unique physical and emotional concerns. Until w, there has been never been a go-to source of information and guidance. IronFit Triathlon Training for Women arms the woman triathlete with everything she needs to kw to persevere and lays out exact step-by-step training programs to help her to achieve her goals. This book includes three training programs designed for women at the Sprint/Standard (a/k/a Olympic ) Distance, Half Iron-Distance, and Full Iron-Distance. Each program is presented at three levels: Competitive, Intermediate, and Just-Finish. The reader can select the program for the race distance she wants to train for and the exact level, based on her individual competitiveness, experience, and available training time.
- Author BiographyMelanie and Don Fink of IronFit(R) (IronFit.com) have trained athletes on five continents to personal records and breakthrough performances. The author of Be IronFit, 2nd Ed.: Time-Efficient Training Secrets for Ultimate Fitness and Mastering the Marathon: Time Efficient Training Secrets for the 40-plus Athlete (both from Lyons Press), Don has raced more than thirty Iron-distance triathlons, Ultraman, and other contests and has recorded age-group victories and course records. Melanie is Regional Council Member of USA Triathlon Mid-Atlantic, has raced 12 Iron-distance races, Ultraman, and has age group and overall victories in triathlon, running and open water swimming competitions throughout the world. They live in Morris County, New Jersey.
- Author(s)Don Fink,Melanie Fink
- PublisherRowman & Littlefield
- Date of Publication06/01/2015
- SubjectAthletics & Gymnastics
- Place of PublicationGuilford
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintThe Lyons Press
- Content Note1 black & white illustrations, 59 black & white halftones
- Weight29 g
- Width153 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine17 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.30Trending at AU $73.48
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $99.31
- AU $36.78Trending at AU $38.13
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.65
- AU $33.33Trending at AU $36.24
- AU $20.18Trending at AU $24.49
- AU $23.12Trending at AU $33.89
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.