All listings for this product
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.40
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.83
- AU $94.90Trending at AU $96.53
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.28
- AU $30.74Trending at AU $37.18
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $32.95
- AU $69.55Trending at AU $86.07
About this product
- DescriptionHere is an exciting foray into the world of the artist-blacksmith. Dona Z. Meilach discovers the growing numbers of men and women who revel in lighting up a forge and shaping hot, malleable iron into beautiful, useful objects. Blacksmiths today make both monumental and modest architectural accompaniments, from public art to an infinite number of items we encounter every day. With this book, you will gain an appreciation of the medium and its creators, and realize that blacksmiths do much more than shoe horses. Over 480 color photographs highlight objects for indoor and outdoor use, including fences, railings, gates, doors, sculpture, furniture, lighting fixtures, candleholders, and more. Some are truly modern in style while others are inspired by historical references, such as Art Nouveau, Art Deco, Craftsman, and Victorian styles. Todays blacksmiths, designers, artists, and homeowners will find unparalleded inspiration for creating unique yet practical surroundings.
- Author BiographyDona Z. Meilach has written over 55 books on art subjects and affected a renaissance among artist-blacksmiths with her 5 previous books on ironwork. She lives in Carlsbad, CA.
- Author(s)Dona Z. Meilach
- PublisherSchiffer Publishing Ltd
- Date of Publication15/01/2006
- SubjectFine Arts / Art History
- Place of PublicationAtglen
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSchiffer Publishing Ltd
- Content Note482 color photos
- Weight1590 g
- Width279 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine28 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.