All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $90.88Trending at AU $93.26
- AU $28.71Trending at AU $30.90
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $79.02
- AU $26.88Trending at AU $29.42
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $22.22
- AU $36.48Trending at AU $41.31
- AU $30.95Trending at AU $33.19
About this product
- DescriptionHow can the European Union engage and connect with the people it aims to represent? What initiatives and schemes have been used to engage EU citizens? To what extent can such procedures be considered a move forward towards a more participative and democratic Europe? This collection of internationally recognised specialists in European integration and invative democratic practices seek to answer these key questions, explore European citizens' thoughts and opinions about the EU and evaluate the governing elite's attempts to engage with the public. It offers critical analysis of EU justifications and strategies for implementing Deliberative Citizens Involvement Projects and focuses on some of the major participative experiences trialled and implemented by EU institutions. By comparing these different attempts to increase and bolster the participation of EU citizens and evaluating their impact the book offers valuable and original material on the civic involvement of EU citizens and the legitimacy of the EU decision making process.
- Author BiographyRaphaA l Kies is a researcher at the University of Luxembourg. His main research interests are citizen's participation, electoral studies and theories of democracy with a focus on e-democracy and deliberative democracies. Patrizia Nanz is Professor of Political Theory at the University Bremen, Germany. Her research interests are democratic theories, political deliberation and public participation.
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication03/06/2013
- SubjectInternational Relations
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintAshgate Publishing Limited
- Content NoteIncludes 14 b&w illustrations
- Weight626 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine16 mm
- Edited byPatrizia Nanz,Raphael Kies
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.