All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.40
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.83
- AU $94.90Trending at AU $97.85
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.28
- AU $30.74Trending at AU $37.18
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $32.95
- AU $71.09Trending at AU $86.07
About this product
- DescriptionMore than two thousand teenage girls in the US will discover they are pregnant today! Of these pregnancies, 14% will end in miscarriage; almost one third will be terminated by abortion; only 1% will result in adoption. Most often, a pregnant teen decides to raise her own child-finding her life forever altered and her identity completely changed. She is longer simply a daughter, a sister, a friend, or a student. She is a mom. And as her responsibilities and relationships change, she will find herself overwhelmed, exhausted, and lonely. At a time when teen moms are most vulnerable, few churches are equipped to provide the refuge so desperately needed. Many become pregnant again in less than two years, caught in a vicious cycle that destines their children to grow up and become teenage parents themselves. Here, author and teen advocate Gwen Diaz shares true stories of heartbreak and triumph. She presents disturbing facts, provides practical solutions, and challenges believers to take a new course of action. Diaz highlights the lives of three women who are doing just that. By following their examples, we can transform the lives and legacies of teenage moms. And we can reach our whole community with the love of Jesus Christ!
- Author BiographyGwen Diaz grew up as a missionary kid in West Africa before moving to the US and graduating from the University of Pennsylvania with a BS in nursing. There she met Ed Diaz, and together they raised four sons, all of whom are grown, married, and following Jesus. Ten grandchildren help keep their house chaotic and filled with fun. When she isn't writing, Gwen stays busy packing diaper bags. As founder of the charity OH MY Baby, she desires that no new mother will leave the hospital without the items necessary to nurture her baby through the first few weeks of life. Gwen is passionate about teaching God's truths to the next generation and often speaks at Bible conferences. Gwen and Ed reside in Central Florida.
- Author(s)Gwendolynn Mitchell Diaz
- PublisherDeep River Books Et. Al
- Date of Publication16/10/2014
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectChristianity: General
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintDeep River Books Et. Al
- Weight113 g
- Width124 mm
- Height201 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.