All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis is an exploration of the relationship between evolutionary psychology, naturalism, and theological reflections, published by ESSSAT, the European Society for the Study of Science and Theology. How natural is religion? Is it a phemen written in our genes or brains, naturally developing with the development of the human race? The book considers the findings of evolutionary psychology from scientific, philosophical and theological perspectives and critically examines the relation between empirical, epistemological and theological tions. Chapters in the book deal with the naturalness of religion and religious experiences as based on genetics, biology and social psychology. Other authors examine the relationship between religion, science and theology with regard to the naturalness of religion from a more general perspective. The last part of the book includes views from a Muslim scholar and a historian.
- Author BiographyRev. Canon Michael Fuller is Pantonian Professor at the Theological Institute of the Scottish Episcopal Church, Edinburgh. The Rt Rev Dr Antje Jackelen is Bishop of Lund (Sweden) and Adjunct Professor of Systematic Theology/Religion and Science at the Lutheran School of Theology at Chicago, USA. Taede A. Smedes is research fellow at the Catholic University Leuven, Belgium, and Scientific Programme Officer of ESSSAT, and the author of Chaos, Complexity, and God: Divine Action and Scientism (Peeters, 2004) and God en de menselijke maat: Gods handelen en het wetenschappelijk wereldbeeld (Meinema, 2006). Dirk Evers is Associate Professor of Systematic Theology and Director of Studies and Research at the Forum Scientiarum at the University of Tubingen, Germany.
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Date of Publication21/06/2012
- SubjectReligion: Comparative, General & Reference
- Series TitleIssues in Science & Theology
- Series Part/Volume Number7
- Place of PublicationEdinburgh
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintT.& T.Clark Ltd
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight340 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Edited byAntje Jeckelen,Dirk Evers,Michael Fuller,Taede Smedes
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $14.50Trending at AU $17.16
- AU $20.15Trending at AU $23.92
- AU $30.78Trending at AU $34.97
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $13.97
- AU $32.75Trending at AU $55.45
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $99.82
- AU $28.58Trending at AU $36.57
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.