All listings for this product
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $26.75Trending at AU $27.46
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $70.66
- AU $69.00Trending at AU $71.05
- AU $25.33Trending at AU $28.19
- AU $2.99Trending at AU $5.60
- AU $31.38Trending at AU $33.47
- AU $11.45Trending at AU $13.35
About this product
- DescriptionWhen Sammy, a young Wilson's warbler, wakes up one frosty August morning near the Arctic Circle, he instinctively kws that it's time to make his first migratory journey south to Panama. But there's one problem where's Panama? All the other warblers having left without him, Sammy sets off on his journey by himself, stopping to ask the same question of each of the different animals that he meets along the way: Is this Panama? From the caribou heading to his winter forest to the monarch butterflies flitting to Mexico, every animal has a different destination and different advice for Sammy on how to find his way. Finally, a flock of his warbler cousins shows Sammy that finding Panama is as easy as following the stars. Animal migration patterns and seasonal changes are on display throughout this fascinating story, complemented by intricate paper collage, watercolor, and pen-and-ink illustrations.
- Author Biography<b>Jan Thornhill</b> is an award-winning writer and illustrator who has always had a strong interest in nature and the environment. Her books, which have been published in countries around the world, include the NAPPA Gold Award winning <i>I Found a Dead Bird</i>, <i>Over in the Meadow</i>, and the NSTA honored <i>Before & After</i>. She lives in Havelock, Ontario. <b>Soyeon Kim</b> is a Toronto-based, Korean-born artist who specializes in work that merges real-world materials, sketching, and painting to produce three-dimensional pieces. She is a graduate of the Visual Arts program at York University in Toronto and the illustrator of <i>You Are Stardust</i>.
- Author(s)Jan Thornhill
- PublisherOwlkids Books Inc.
- SubjectChildren's Fiction
- Place of PublicationToronto, ON
- Country of PublicationCanada
- ImprintOwlkids Books Inc.
- Content Notecolour illustrations
- Weight431 g
- Width231 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Illustrator(s)Soyeon Kim
- Format DetailsSewn,Paper over boards,With dust jacket
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.