All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIsaac Rosenberg was among the greatest poets of the First World War. The British-born son of impoversihed Russian Jews, Rosenberg fought as a private in the trenches of the Great Was and died on the Western Front in 1918 as the age of 27. In Isaac Rosenberg, Wilson examines the influence of Rosenberg's class and heritage on his writings, as well as the development of his poetic technique. She traces his maturation from his childhood in Bristol and the Jewish East End of London to art school, his travels to South Africa, and finally his harrowing service as a private in the British Army.Rosenberg was also a gifted painter and this beautifully illustrated volume oncludes some hitherto inseen self-portraits, along with photogrpahs of Rosenberg and his family. Wilson's biogrpahy brings together all kwn Rosenberg material with a mass of important new discoveries. Isaac Rosenberg is a long-overdue consideration of a remarkable war poet.
- Author BiographyJean Moorcraft Wilson is a lecturer at Birbeck College, London. She has written acclaimed biogrpahies of Seigfried Sassoon and Charles Hamilton Sorley, which have become standard works in First World War literature.
- Author(s)Jean Moorcroft Wilson
- PublisherNorthwestern University Press
- Date of Publication01/03/2009
- SubjectBiography: General
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintNorthwestern University Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations, maps, colour plates
- Weight821 g
- Width159 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine34 mm
- Format DetailsSewn,Paper over boards,With dust jacket
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $34.30Trending at AU $35.14
- AU $14.50Trending at AU $17.20
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $14.01
- AU $21.17Trending at AU $25.58
- AU $72.88Trending at AU $77.86
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $100.05
- AU $30.28Trending at AU $35.05
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.