All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionA surprising true story of Isaac Newton's boyhood suggests an intellectual development owing as much to magic as science. Before Isaac Newton became the father of physics, an accomplished mathematician, or a leader of the scientific revolution, he was a boy living in an apothecary's house, observing and experimenting, recording his observations of the world in a tiny tebook. As a young genius living in a time before science as we kw it existed, Isaac studied the few books he could get his hands on, built handmade machines, and experimented with alchemy--a process of chemical reactions that seemed, at the time, to be magical. Mary Losure's riveting narrative nfiction account of Isaac's early life traces his development as a thinker from his childhood, in friendly prose that will capture the attention of today's budding scientists--as if by magic. Back matter includes an afterword, an author's te, source tes, a bibliography, and an index.
- Author BiographyMary Losure, author of The Fairy Ring and Wild Boy, has worked as a reporter for Minnesota Public Radio and a contributor to National Public Radio. She lives in Minnesota.
- Author(s)Mary Losure
- PublisherCandlewick Press,U.S.
- Date of Publication01/05/2017
- SubjectChildren's General Non-Fiction
- Place of PublicationMassachusetts
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCandlewick Press,U.S.
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight599 g
- Width185 mm
- Height231 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Format DetailsSewn,Cloth over boards
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $17.00Trending at AU $18.54
- AU $9.34Trending at AU $15.47
- AU $20.99Trending at AU $25.74
- AU $14.96Trending at AU $23.00
- AU $10.15Trending at AU $12.65
- AU $20.68Trending at AU $23.42
- AU $19.66Trending at AU $22.04
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.