CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.78
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $73.15
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.45
- AU $41.64Trending at AU $45.02
- AU $79.95Trending at AU $91.32
- AU $46.38Trending at AU $48.26
- AU $81.00Trending at AU $84.26
About this product
- DescriptionIsabelle Huppert stands out among actresses due to her audacious choices of roles, both for films (I Heart Huckabees, 8 Women, The Pia Teacher) and theatre. Her intelligence and intuition are evident in the parts she plays. Her rewn as an actress is t limited to the French cinema but embraces Europe and the rest of the world. This most mysterious of actresses likes to be photographed but she is t an easy subject. She offers herself to the eye of the camera yet remains secretive, almost absent. The great photographers of our time - Richard Avedon, Edouard Boubat, Guy Bourdin, Henri Cartier-Bresson, Elliot Erwitt, Lartigues, Annie Leibovitz, Steven Meisel, Helmut Newton, Sylvia Plachy, Marc Riboud, and Scavullo - took up the challenge. Huppert's energy and strength are often shrouded behind a kind of melancholy, and these photographers have captured beautifully that contradictory quality. Not only a collection of gorgeous images, this haunting book also unveils the bond between the public image and the secret soul of this unique woman.
- Author BiographySerge Toubiana is a film historian and author. He is the former editor-in-chief of the Cahiers du Cinema and current general director of the French Cinematheque. Elfriede Jelinek is a playwright and novelist who was awarded the Nobel Prize for Literature in 2004. Susan Sontag was a noted writer, director, and human-rights activist.
- Date of Publication14/10/2005
- SubjectBiography: The Arts
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintHarry N. Abrams, Inc.
- Content Notephotos 90, (28 colour )
- Weight1160 g
- Width230 mm
- Height280 mm
- Spine22 mm
- Edited byElfriede Jelinek,Ronald Ariel Chammah,Serge Toubiana,Susan Sontag
- Format DetailsWith dust jacket
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.