All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $80.61
- AU $166.94Trending at AU $169.05
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $116.86
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $107.96
- AU $104.89Trending at AU $106.36
- AU $49.80Trending at AU $52.07
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $104.93
About this product
- DescriptionThis historical overview of criticism of the famous Danish writer is the first such collection available in English. Composed of selections from major critics and scholars both here and abroad (including Aage Henriksen, Eudora Welty, Curtis Cate, Abdul JanMohamed, and Lionel Trilling, among others) Isak Dinesen would have suited the self-absorbed artist, who so delighted in being continually appropriated and invented within different forms of critical discourse that it became a source of amusement and distraction for her. For us, it is a reminder that literary works and their authors must yield gracefully to critical shaping for a literary reputation to take on a life of its own. To watch the unfolding of reputation under such continual reinvention becomes high literary spectacle. Readers of this collection will witness a major twentieth-century writer emerge from the judgments imposed by various critical schools in vogue from the early 1950s.
- Author(s)Olga Anastasia Pelensky
- PublisherOhio University Press
- Date of Publication01/07/1993
- SubjectLiterary Criticism
- Place of PublicationOhio
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintOhio University Press
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.