All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $80.61
- AU $166.94Trending at AU $169.05
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $116.86
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $107.96
- AU $104.89Trending at AU $106.36
- AU $49.80Trending at AU $52.07
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $104.93
About this product
- DescriptionIslam, the second largest and the youngest of the major world religions, has changed the world and left its mark on human history since the appearance of the prophet Mohammed in the seventh century. This book follows the historical development of the Islamic dynasties and regions, showing the variety of their forms of artistic expression from the beginning until today. From decorative elements of buildings to calligraphy and the embellishment of everyday objects, ornamentation, that most characteristic Islamic art form, is displayed in an extraordinary rich range of ways. The contributions of important scholars bring to life before our very eyes this culture, which belongs next to Greek and Roman antiquity as one of the pillars of our modern society.
- Author BiographyMarkus Hattstein studied sociology, philosophy and religious studies. He has written various books in the field of architecture, history of art and architecture and lives in Berlin as a freelance author and editor.
- Author(s)Markus Hattstein
- PublisherUllmann Publishing
- Date of Publication04/06/2015
- SubjectFine Arts / Art History
- Place of PublicationKonigswinter
- Country of PublicationGermany
- ImprintUllmann Publishing
- Weight2132 g
- Width268 mm
- Height312 mm
- Spine36 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.