All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIslam and America argues that the current animosity between the U.S. and Muslim world should be understood through the often-overlooked history between the two. Tracing the genealogy of this conflicted relationship from the Pilgrims to the present, author Auar Majid weaves personal stories with historical narratives to offer a critical view of both cultures and to suggest a path towards future peace. The paperback edition features a new preface that connects Majid's argument with recent events, from the growth of ISIS to the Charlie Hebdo attacks. Islam and America makes a provocative argument against faith-based prejudices and offers inspiring suggestions for the future.
- Author BiographyAnouar Majid is the author of several critically acclaimed books on Islam and the West, including A Call for Heresy and We Are All Moors. His work has been featured in the Bill Moyers Journal and on Al Jazeera television. Majid is founding director of the Center for Global Humanities and vice president for Global Affairs at the University of New England.
- Author(s)Anouar Majid
- PublisherRowman & Littlefield
- Date of Publication17/07/2015
- SubjectNon-Christian Religions
- Place of PublicationLanham, MD
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintRowman & Littlefield Publishers
- Weight299 g
- Width154 mm
- Height227 mm
- Spine14 mm
Save on Textbooks
- AU $24.61Trending at AU $33.26
- AU $17.87Trending at AU $21.24
- AU $37.39Trending at AU $44.49
- AU $34.88Trending at AU $36.79
- AU $25.92Trending at AU $34.15
- AU $36.24Trending at AU $40.20
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $76.66
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.